Friendship is by choice and never imposed. In your life people will come and go. Whatever friendship or union you are in, a girlfriend,
best friend, boyfriend, it is very important that after 3 months you do an inventory. One thing I have discovered is that ‘a stitch in time saves nine’. Ask yourself the following questions and answer them honestly:
1) Ever since she/he came into my life, has my life improved?
2) Has my language changed?
3) How about my outlook on life? Has it been affected?
4) Am I a better person now than before?
5) What habit has rubbed on to me?
6) Have I started partying too much, spending more, acquired bad habits, etc?
7) How is my self-esteem after being with him/her?
What have I learnt – anything new?
9) Am I intimidated or do I express myself better now?
This, I believe, is the best way to get out of sticky situations. The longer you take to do this the more attached you will get and find it difficult to get out. You will feel sorry for your mate, wonder what others will think or say.
You may only wake up and wished you had done so when your ‘best friend’ elopes with your man or your man leaves you for another. Then it’s too late. Life is about making choices-sometimes hard ones.
to fight depression and keep focused on your purpose?
Friend to boyfriend
to balance friends and boyfriend
What can a man do to win a woman's heart