How to substitute public service ads from AdSense?
If you have listened to our advice and started publishing content for generating income through advertising, you have probably seen public service ads. While all businesses should think how they want to contribute to non-profit organization, this article is designed to help you with those situations when you would like to eliminate public service ads for purely business reasons. While Google has an explanation on its website, we (technically unsophisticated team at MYNIPPON) found it to be too difficult, until we sat down one to day to figure it out ourselves.
Here is a very simple explanation of how to get rid of public service ads (or PSAs). We will only describe an example of a 160X600 size ad that you will replace with a banner directing visitors to your home page (there are many other complicated things that you can do but this is what we think is the best):
- Create a page in the mother web of your website and name it 160600.htm (you can choose other names but we find it easy to follow this protocol since it is easy to remember when generating code for other sizes).
- Keep the page totally empty of any HTML code. Now insert an image (your banner) of size 160X600 and insert a clickable link to your home page. See an example at our sister website: http://www.iproceed.com/160600.htm
- You already know how to generate the ad code in your Google account. All you will need to do now is add one more line with this link information. Rather than using the complicated explanation that Google has, simply type the following in a notepad file and make sure that you insert your URL:
google_alternate_ad_url = "http://www.iproceed.com/160600.htm";
- Copy this line of code and then paste it below the line with the code for google_ad_client (it will become the third line)
- You are done. Now use this code in place of the old code.
- You can repeat the process for other ad sizes.