pizza without the bread (and the carbs)
|Ingredients: 1 eggplant,
1 egg, 1 egg white, a pinch of black pepper, 1 cup of bread crumbs,
shredded Mozzarella cheese, 1 table spoon of Romano or Parmesan cheese,
cooking spray, and 1 cup of pasta sauce.
- Preheat the oven at 375
- Cut he eggplant in rounds about ¼ inch tick
- Cover a baking sheet with the cooking oil spray
- The idea is the bread will be the eggplant rounds.
- Put the
egg with one tablespoon of water in a shallow dish and beat it. Add pepper.
- Put the crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Keep one hand wet and one dry: with the wet hand put the eggplant in the egg mix
- With the same hand put the eggplant in the crumbs
- With the dry hand put the eggplant on the baking sheet.
- Once you finish put more cooking spray over the eggplant.
- Bake for about 10 minutes on each side. Turn over and repeat on the other side.
- Take it out of the oven and put the pasta sauce over the eggplant
- Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese and over this the Parmesan or Romano cheese and put it back in the oven for about 5 more minutes.
- You may also add cherry tomatoes cut in half on top of the eggplant.
- Serves six.
Recommended recipes: Grilled
food if you are dieting Bagels
Eggplants and peppers in miso
Korean pizza dance