Carrie Underwood, the new American idol, is not your typical celebrity for one reason - a look at her photos and her performance on television makes her look like the girl next door. Not because she lacks style or she is not good looking, but because of her attitude. No wonder then that America loves.
As part of our research, we conducted a survey of her photos available in the public domain and all we can say is that her good looks, simple style, and beautiful voice would go a long way in helping her go ahead.
Like Ryan Starr, she is a gorgeous woman with a melodious voice. In today's world, that is important even though all we should look for in a singer is her/his voice. And Norah Jones has shown that if you have only a great voice you can be a winner. Not that Norah Jones is not attractive but she does not use her looks as a selling point the way Britney Spears leverages her looks.
So what do we like about Carrie Underwood?
She is truly American. I mean how much more American can it get than to be from Checotah, Oklahoma. Her family raises cattle but Carrie does not eat beef (may be that is the only un-American part in her) because she may be eating one of her pets.
Carrie Underwood's style has evolved
- February 22, Carrie wore a black, shoulders-off dress, somewhat short, but the longer (though sheer) portion clearly said that she is a sexy woman.
- March 1st, Carrie had what we call the "Oklahoma Look." It was quite a contrast from the more formal look of the previous week.
- Next week, she looked more trendier, more like a woman in her 20s would dress in Los Angeles or New York. An attractive, feminine blouse with dark pants. She combined the "Oklahoma Look" with the Los Angeles attitude, and though we did not think she looked her best, she pulled it off reasonably well.
- It was nice to see her on March 22nd. Nothing like a combination of black and white for the celebrity look.
- On March 29, she got her balance right. Jeans when combined with a jacket always looks good and the scarf brought out the artist side of Carrie Underwood.
- Next week, she came out in a gorgeous dress reminding of her very first outfit. Not what you see singers using much these days while singing, but she looked like a fairy.
- On April 12, again it seemed that she was alternating between more classic look and a casual style. Jeans with a top - nothing to talk about really.
- April 19th, as expected, she was in this gorgeous dress that would be perfect when she walks the red carpet soon. Starting to wonder if she should stick to formal dresses.
- On April 26th, she was back in her jeans but her top was much better this time. Just the right kind of outfit that one would wear to hang out in the mall.
- May 3rd, she was wearing this pretty, Indian-pattern long skirt that seem to be the rage all over. Zara has them and so does H&M.
- Next week, she looked almost like a business woman - not the best outfit for a singer but perfect when you are signing deals and negotiating contracts.
- On May 17, she was back in her casual style though her top was cute with those jewels in the front. We know that there are thongs with jewels too.
- Carrie Underwood must have known that she had a 50-50 chance to win when she showed up for the final. What a pretty dress she wore and great that she won.
So what is our advice to Carrie? Hey, get some professional help with your style. You have the basic sense of style, but you need a bit more pizzaz now that you are the American idol.
Recommended article: Personal style makeover