Lacy, a 15-year old writes about how her small breasts have lowered her self esteem, “I have become quite depressed over my body image issues. My first concern: breasts. I have nothing, like absolutely no breast tissue, I can’t fit into any bras at all. All the boys at school have more moobs than me. From looking around this site I have realised there is nothing I can do, but I hate it so much. I don’t want big breasts. I just desperately want to fit into an A cup. I just want to look normal. I know I’m not going to get any larger because my mum is as flat as a board. Second concern: butt. I have basically no ass; it’s so flat I can’t look good in any pants and to top it off, I also have uneven butt cheeks, one is like twice the size of the other. My mother tells me that it is unnoticeable but everyone I know points it out. Third reason: I am extremely skinny, I have chicken legs but really really bad; they are so thin that if you feel my legs all you feel is bone. I have more meat on my feet than my legs. I basically have toothpicks for legs. My thighs are the same size of my skinny 8 year old brothers. I weigh 39 kg (just less than 90 lbs), I should also add in that I’m half Japanese, which would explain why I am smaller, but when I went to Japan even girls there were much larger than me. Fourth reason: my eyes, I like my left eye, but hate my right eye. It has a really droopy eyelid that covers like half my eye; it looks so uneven and bad and I’m terrified of taking photos and I find it hard to use makeup. To hide this, I use Japanese eyelid glue but even that is starting to not work anymore. So I have no boobs, no butt and no legs. Oh and I have one normal looking eye and a tiny looking eye. I am not a normal girl, they usually have at least one of the above. I wouldn’t mind being flat chested if I had a butt and legs or vise versa, at least I would have something. I have tried eating heaps and I do yoga. The doctor says I’m in the healthy weight percentile. My family doesn’t have too much money so I can’t afford plastic surgery. How unlucky am I! No matter how much I eat, I don’t gain weight and I have a really healthy diet as well. I am getting so desperate and I’m thinking of giving up on everything completely. I hate my body. I can only pray that you can help me in some way. I know there isn’t much you or anyone else can do but I can only try.”
- First of all, you are only 15 and that means that you have at least 3-4 years to fully grow up.
- You did not indicate your height but I am sure that you can put on plenty of weight and still be OK for your height (the right way to gain weight is to increase your sugar and fat intake and continue to exercise regularly, so eat fast food and desserts for a while and you should gain some weight for sure; everyone does). You can do the BMI calculation here to see how much more weight you can put on and still be healthy.
- Ever heard of Keira Knightley? She has a body like yours and guess what? She is one of the hottest celebrities right now. In other words, your body or your breast/butt size is not everything. You can still get the job you want and the guy you want with the body you have. A woman is more than her breasts and butt. Also read this inspirational story of another teenager who is not bothered by her small breasts and is going ahead in life.
- I think as you put on some weight you will see your breasts growing a bit and your butt will look more even too.
- I couldn’t tell you much about your eyes but it could simply be that because you have so little fat on your face, it looks awkward. As your face fills up, it will look more natural.
Now for God’s sake, do not even consider this stupid idea of giving up. Have you ever seen people that are born blind or without legs or they can’t hear or talk or have all the other sad things happen to them later, like their legs getting chopped off in Iraq or in an accident? They don’t give up. They learn to do the best with what they have and that is what I would like you do to.